As we are about to enter into a new year, I wanted to take a minute to reflect. The 2010’s, for me, were my prime ‘growing up’ years. I turned 16 in 2010 and i’m ending 2019 at 26. In the past decade I have failed (probably more times than I have succeeded) matured, and learned A LOT. Through the past 10 years, I have accomplished some pretty major things. As well as experiencing loss, heartbreak, and depression. A few defining moments of my decade include:
- Graduating High School
- Going to College
- Being a College Athlete
- Leaving college after 2 years to move back home
- Celebrating one year relationship with Bennett (while long distance)
- Moving to a different state and living on my own
- Getting fired from my first ever adult job
- Starting a new job at a dream company
- Moving back home to save money and “start over”
- Getting engaged
- Planning a wedding
- Getting married
- Traveling out of the country for my honeymoon
- Learning to share my space with another human
- Celebrating one year of marriage
- Discovering a new passion for makeup, blogging, and social media
Now that list is just a small, tiny amount of everything that has happened in the past 10 years. I know for a fact I am a completely different person that I was as the beginning of this decade. I have grown emotionally, spiritually, and mentally as well. Similarly, there are so many emotions and feelings that I have gone through. There are so many friends that I have lost and gained along the way.
As the new year approaches, I can confidently say that I am the happiest I have ever been with my life.
All of the things that have happened in the past decade have helped define who I am as a person. I have the best relationships with my family and friends. I am happily married to the funniest person I know. My relationship with God is solid and the best it has ever been. And for once I am happy and excited for a new year to come and to see what is in store.
The word that I prayed over myself going into 2019 was GROWTH and I genuinely think that this was the biggest year of growth out of these past 10 years. As I move forward into 2020, a new year and the start of a new decade, I am going to pray for this to be my year on OPPORTUNITY. Therefore, if you think of me in the next few days, please pray that word over me and my life this year 🥰.